THE GIRL BEHIND THE BLOG
I am a 30 something year old living in Johannesburg but originally form Harare, Zimbabwe.
- I am a financial administrator by day and a blogger by night
- I not a fan of running but will gladly participate in a fun race
- I love smoothies,
- pretty notebooks and bright colours
- I’m obsessed with James Bond and Indiana Jones movies
- I could get lost in a good book
- I am horrible with directions, I like going to places I already know how to get to.
- I am a recovering procrastinator (lazy girl) now I’m obsessed with planning
- I enjoy trying out new adventurous things
- I love to hike and want to learn how a bike ride.
- Weird quirk: I don’t like being addressed as Sam/Sammy by people I don’t know. Call me Samantha please….
WHAT YOU’LL FIND ON DUMBBELLS and DELIGHTS
Interviews: monthly interviews featuring “normal” people sharing their fitness stories
Reviews: I share my honest opinions on products, books, events and so much more.
THE MEANING BEHIND “DUMBBELLS AND DELIGHTS
My blog back in 2010 was called Ebony Delights (don’t Google that you will need to wash your eyes out) and has gone through several transformations and reboots. It is now a fitness and wellness blog as that is my passion. Dumbbells- is my favourite exercise equipment and Delights- everything that give me pleasure. Exercise is an essential part of life and the purpose of my blog is to show the fun and exciting side of this lifestyle. My plan is to remove the fear and intimidation people feel when think of exercise because I truly believe healthy living is for everyone and it’s meant to be fun and manageable.
NEW TO THE BLOG? HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITE POSTS:
- How to love your body more
- 5 extreme but fun workouts to try out
- Race Review: The Music Run
- How to sleep better