4 weeks ago I started the 28 day challenge in Kayla Itsines’ new book The Bikini Body Motivation & Habits Guide i wrote about my weekly experiences check them out Week 1 week 2 week 3 and now the question is was the 28 day plan a success?
|Breakfast||Snack 1||Lunch||Snack 2||Dinner|
|Monday||Cup of milk, bowl of oats||Egg, bread rooibos tea||Raw bar||Pap, pork mixed veggies|
|Tuesday||Cup of milk, bowl of oats||Apple||Egg, bread rooibos tea||Protein ball and banana||Grilled chicken, salad with black beans,|
|Wednesday||Cup of milk, bowl of milo||banana||Pasta and grilled chicken||Plain yogurt, Raw bar||2 slices of pizza and coke|
|Thursday||Cup of milk, milo cereal||apple||Egg, bread rooibos tea||Protein ball||Rice, sweet sour chicken, green salad|
|Friday||Cup of milk, milo cereal||banana||1/2 protein bar||Pizza, chips,|
|Saturday||Muesli, plain yoghurt, chia seeds||Grapes||1/2 protein bar||Mashed potato, mince, coleslaw salad, mixed veggies|
|Sunday||Pancakes, banana, coffee||Apple||Pancake with Nutella and coffee||Rice, sweet sour chicken|
I got better at tracking my meals and took time out to enjoy other “naughty” foods. I did find myself falling into the old routine of not eating lunch.
Monday- Leg day this was tough after the Fitness magazine fit affiar
Tuesday- LISS: went for a 30 minute walk
Wednesday- Arms and abs
Thursday- LISS- went for a 30 minute walk
Friday Full body workout but only did 1/2 of the workout I was busy and I managed to track over 10000 steps
Saturday- LISS I used public transport and had to walk quiet a lot.
- Creating good habits will make things easier when following this guide
- It is important to understand the value of your goals so you achieve and stick to them even when motivation runs out
- Each week I learned something new, about my body, way of thinking and was challenged to break down those fears.
Is the guide worth it?
Yes- it has a great variety and accommodates different tastes.
I was already seeing results by week 3- my energy levels were higher, my concentration improved and I was excited about baking (before I would wait till I was absolutely hungry then cook and I had no desire to bake.
I also loved that there was various meals over 200 in fact to try out, while i hardly attempted 80% of them. I loved having the freedom of choice and option for fresh food. I’m not a fan of Tupperware style of meal prep.
The Book is packed with information that will help you make better choices, enjoy being healthy and fall in love with your body.
You can get your copy over at kaylaitsines.com
- Take time to read the book before jumping into the 28-day challenge like I did.
- Use Sundays are a day to plan your meals and figure out which meals you want to swap around
- Enjoy the process and put yourself under pressure to get results fast
- Join the BBG communities and garner support in your journey
- Open yourself to the fact that this will work.
I think I’m officially a covert and with be resetting and starting again. I will intensify my workouts and finish the book before get back to it.
Our social media links are below for day-to-day updates