I received a copy of Kayla Itsines’ latest book The Bikini Body Motivation & Habits Guide from the lovely people at Pan Macmillan South Africa The book is amazing and packed with 28-day meal plan, +200 simple and delicious recipes, Shopping lists, a 28- day workout poster, motivational quotes and so much more.
Looking forward to reading and trying out everything in the "The Bikini Body Motivation & Habits Guide" by @kayla_itsines @panmacmillansa It has 28-day meal plan 🍉🍑🍌🍓 +200 simple and delicious recipes Shopping lists🏤📋 28- day workout poster 🌽💪👟 . #bikinibody #bikinibodyguide #fitfam #motivation #healthyhabits #bbg #bbgcommunity
I’ve decided to go on the 28-day challenge and see how I fare.
I started the week slowly. This book is more than just educational it gives you an opportunity to practice what you’ve learnt. I printed the workouts, made a list of what I thought I could afford to buy on the cooking list. (Healthy living is expensive and I’ve already exhausted my budget)
I’m already learning a lot.
- My relationship with food: is not as simple as I’ve lead myself to believe *I always tell myself that food is fuel* However I’ve learnt that I judge food based on other people’s opinions of it or simply on the way it looks. That said I’m not going to be eating aspharagus just yet.
- I have limited knowledge of food and it’s benefits
- Meal preparation is truly key to success.
- I’m not accustomed to eating so much 3 meals and 2 snacks
- I need to learn about portion control
Unfortunately I lost momentum when I had a failed tooth extraction on Thursday and had to resolve to eating soft foods like eggs, smoothies and mashed potato.
I did go for a hike on the Saturday and ate a healthy masala dosa (Indian pancake stuffed with mashed potato.
I’m not looking forward to week 2. My tooth is still not 100% better.
Our social media links are below for day-to-day updates