I’m close to the end of my 101/1001 Goal Challenge and I’m no way near the end. With only a few more goals completed from the last goal update. Most of the 10 goals completed goals are under the financial section of my goal.
24. Stop dipping into my savings account.
This goal was difficult to complete but with a second income goal 29 in daily progress, its become easier not to take out money from my monthly savings.
25. Have R 10, 000.00 at some point in my account
With my monthly savings increasing I was able to have R 10, 000.00 in my account even if it was just for two weeks.
26. Save money.
I’ve always been saving money but this goal has pushed me to be more consistent with my savings and also to become aware of my spending habits. I continue saving money.
27. Consult a financial planner.
This goal could have been completed earlier but I wasn’t working for a greater part of this goal challenge. I decided to speak to L who happens to be a financial planner (of course his clients make big bucks).
29. Find a way to make a second income.
Since I got a full time job in October I’ve been working evening at my part time job.
|At my second job|
48. Develop habit: Make sure there are no dishes in the sink before going to bed each night.
Even at 11 pm I find myself cleaning the dishes.
49. Develop habit: Clean up clutter before going to bed each night.
I do the same as goal 48.
60. Buy something I really want and give it to someone else.
I’ve done this goal more than twice.
86. Wake up at the first alarm. It’s probably easy because i wake up at 7:45 and not at 5 am.
87. Have more than just cake for one of my birthdays. 2011/2012/2013
91. Buy only things I absolutely need for a whole month.
In looking to spend money better I had to be very diligent in my monthly purchases and try hard not to splurge.